Richie Midfoot Offloading System™ : For Unstable Midfoot Joints
Lisfranc sprains or injuries to the TMT joints are often misdiagnosed, challenging to treat and frequently lead to permanent disability.
Midfoot injuries often require 8-12 weeks of immobilization depending on the severity of the injury. This lightweight, carbon-fiber brace allows easy ambulation while the thin composite footplate does not disrupt leg length. The brace can easily be adjusted for driving, making it an alternative to traditional walking boots and walking braces.
- a brace to limit Achilles loading
- a carbon-fiber footplate to reduce bending movement
- a custom-contoured foot orthosis provides proper arch support to prevent sagittal plane collapse across the midfoot joints
- a graduated heel lift system further offloads the Achilles and midfoot joints.
Indications for the Richie Midfoot Offloading System
- Sprain of the tarsometatarsal (TMT) joints.