- PA-12 is a robust thermoplastic that produces strong, high-density parts. PA-12 offers the ability to create devices that are rigid, semi-rigid, semi-flexible and flexible, comparable to polypropylene 3/16”, 4 mm, ⅛” and 3/32”. This material was engineered and designed to produce final parts and functional prototypes with fine detail, and dimensional accuracy across various industries.
- Is PA-12 safe to touch the skin? Although SOLO covers the 3D printed device with a top cover, PA-12 has biocompatibility
certifications. It meets USP Class 1-VI and US FDA guidance for intact skin surface devices. We recommend covering the device for extra comfort.
- PA-12 powders and agents are considered safe and are not classified as hazardous according to regulation EC 1272/2008. Because it is an enclosed printing system with automatic powder management, it provides a cleaner and comfortable workplace for our folks who are producing your orthotics.
- Approximately 80% of the powder batch can be reused in the next batch. This means that the powder that is not used to form the orthotic is reused in the next batch of printing. Instead of tossing away the unused powder, it is reused. This dramatically reduces waste. Of course, reducing waste is good for the environment, but it also helps us to keep our prices competitive. HP is an industry leader in reusing powder.
- Interesting facts about PA-12.
- It has a melting point of 369 F.
- It has a tensile strength of 6,960 pounds per square inch
- Flexural strength of 10,150 pounds per square inch
- Dimensional accuracy of +/- 0.2mm
If you’re interested in experiencing the latest in 3D technology, try SOLO Premier 3D today.
Information provided by HP Development Company, L.P.
Leave a reply